The Quilt Room Ltd are committed to providing our customers, prospective customers and the users of our website with an open and honest experience. We work hard to ensure that your privacy is maintained and that any data that you do share with us is carefully looked after.
The Quilt Room Ltd are responsible for your personal data and for the purposes of GDPR are the data controller. If you have any questions at all please do not hesitate to contact us.
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal and non personal data through your use of our site. Personal data refers to any data capable of identifying you and non personal data data refers to anonymised data.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
The Quilt Room Ltd
7-9 Beare Green Court
Old Horsham Road
Beare Green, Dorking, Surrey
We would like to make sure that the data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes.
What Personal Data Is Collected And Why?
We only request personal information for the purpose that it was collected or a similar activity.
Personal data is requested from us to fulfill our contractual obligations and to manage the day to day normal business activities. If you are unable or choose not to provide us with the data if and when requested we may not be able to fulfill our contractual obligations and the product or service may be cancelled. We will never share your personal details with any third-party for their own use.
- Enquiry Data is collected so that we may communicate to you. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
- User Generated Data is data that you have chosen to post on our website, for example a comment to a blog post or a product review. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
- Personal Information Data is collected so that we may process a purchase or a request to purchase. The legal grounds for our processing this data is the fulfillment of our contractual obligation with you or the creation of a future contract with you.
- Other. Under GDPR is may be deemed that your IP address constitute personal data because it could be used to identify you or in whole or part. The legal grounds for us processing your IP is legitimate interest since this helps to keep our website safe. We process your IP address for security reasons to protect our website for malicious attacks and hacks. We may cross reference your IP with the IP’s of blacklisted users and if a match is found we may add your IP to the blacklist and prevent further access to you.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including:
- To complete your purchase transactions
- To provide the services you request
- To send you our catalogs and other offerings by mail
- To identify your product and service preferences, so we can notify you of new or additional products, services, and promotions that might be of interest to you.
- To notify you of product recalls or provide other information concerning products you have purchased
- To improve our merchandise selections, customer service, and overall shopping experience
What Non-Personal Data is Collected and Why?
- Preference Data is collected to enable the website to perform and to be administered correctly. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests.
- Statistical Data is collected so that we may provide a fully functioning website that helps our business to communicate core message to relevant persons. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
- Marketing data is collected to allow us to grow our business and provide a better service to our customers. The legal grounds for us processing this data is legitimate interests.
Marketing and Advertising
We know that you don't want to be bombarded with advertising and marketing messages that are not relevant to you.
Email marketing. We may send you marketing communications from us:
- if you have previously purchased from us
- If you have made an enquiry from us about our products and services
- if you requested to receive marketing communications (opted in)
You will always receive a marketing message with an option to opt out of future marketing messages.
If you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time. Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Display Advertisements. We may use your data to deliver relevant advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business.
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities
Please also read our https://www.quiltroom.co.uk/cookie-policy to understand more about what cookies are, how we use them and for instructions for blocking cookies if you prefer.
Keeping Your Data Safe - Security
Personal information provided on the website and online credit card transactions are transmitted through a secure server. We are committed to handling your personal information with high standards of information security. We take appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative steps to maintain the security and accuracy of personally identifiable information we collect, including limiting the number of people who have physical access to our database servers, as well as employing electronic security systems and password protections that guard against unauthorized access. Our website uses encryption technology, like Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL encrypts ordering information such as your name, address, and credit card number. Our Customer Care center and stores also operate over a private, secure network. Please note that email is not encrypted and is not considered to be a secure means of transmitting credit card information.
To make online shopping faster and easier, you may register. As a registered customer, you only have to enter your shipping addresses and billing information once; they will be securely stored with us for your future use. Using your name and a password of your choice, you may access your account online at any time to add, delete, or change information.
If you are using a public computer, we strongly encourage you to LOG OUT at the conclusion of your session. Your information will still be stored with us but it will not be accessible to anyone else from that computer.
Your Legal Rights
We provide you with a number of choices regarding our handling of your nonpublic personally identifiable information.
Because customer lists often are prepared well in advance of an offering (sometimes a few months before the offer is made), you may continue to receive some offers after you send us a request not to use your information for specified marketing purposes. We appreciate your patience and understanding in giving us time to carry out your request.